Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some mid-autumn fun!

Last week, I took part in a lovely traditional Chinese celebration welcoming the moon-lady and eating delicious moon cakes made by my children! I was at school with my two kids enjoying the mid-autumn festivities. We saw lots of ultra cute ( little ones yawning away on stage, waving busily instead of singing, just grinning) performances and learned a lot of Chinese mythology and stories behind the festival.

Suddenly I felt a tug at my arm. Vaibhav was pulling, dragging, shoving me in front of some lady I did not know. So, after the customary ' hellos' and idle chitchat we were a little tongue tied. And then my son nudged me hard and whispered that he wanted me to take down the lady's number!!!WHAT? Why?? "Amma, she's the mother of xxxx,  a very good friend of mine. I like her a lot"!! Oh, ok, so you want some girl's number but realize you are too young to ask for it or for that matter jot down several numbers at one go and hence need my help! Noted the number and invited V little's friend for a playdate. Was rewarded with a wet kiss on both cheeks by my little son.

With Chang-Er, the moon-lady!
A little later..the same tug and shoving. I was more prepared this time and could see myself being pushed in the direction of some strange man. My senses told me to dig in my heels and was I glad that I did. The man was a traditional Pakistani dad accompanying his daughter surrounded by more Pakistani dads. I had no intention of causing sacrilege by shaking hands with a Muslim man and shock him by asking for his number!

 V, I absolutely love it that you are confident enough to introduce two strangers and go after what you want. I admire your enthusiasm and your fearless approach towards everything. Wait a few years....you can get all the numbers you want of all the girls you fancy. You wont need me then. But a bit of friendly advice...always stay away from big, grumpy looking dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment