Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sorry for saying Sorry!!!

My children are polite. No kidding...they are and maybe a little toooooooooooooo much these days. I dont know how they got here but sometimes I wish (I know...I'm mad) they weren't this polite.
It would start off like this...

Vaibhav- Sorry Shriya for accidentally touching your toe
Shriya- Never, mind!Sorry for keeping my toe out of my shoe
Vaibhav- Amma, sorry for not saying sorry immediately
Me- Vaibhav, thats OK! And please you guys don't have to apologize this much for something as simple as grazing a toe, ok???
Vaibhav- Ok, Sorry for saying Sorry, ma!

Grrrrrrrr....and that was just one sample. They are like the manners police. When we were in India they would constantly have their antennae tuned to find who's slipping a bit. The absolute heights was when these two went and offered a poor old beggar some money and made him say 'Thank You'!!! Of course they promptly muttered a 'You are welcome'!


Grandpas, great grannies...no one is spared. I've told them to please mind their own manners and leave everybody else out of it. They tell me "But amma, we ARE minding ours. How can we say 'You are Welcome' if the other person does not say a 'Thank You'?

No comments:

Post a Comment