Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Dear Vaibhav and Shriya,

Today is father's day! And you have been super excited about giving your dad his gift and the 3-page card that you had so lovingly made (I especially love the page where you've stuck pics of all the things that your dad loves- nokia, desserts,Indian thali, coffee, cricket, india, tennis etc).Your dad is a great guy! And I'm sure you'll agree. A glance around the playground and you'll find not one other dad playing and fooling around with their kids. And remember, your dad is no less busy than the others. Its just that you guys are top priority and your dad wants to savour every minute with you.

When I was growing up, I did not know about Father's Day. I've never made my father a card or officially thanked him for all that he's done for me. Like you guys always say, "Never Mind", I can do it today, now.

You guys know your 'Chanudu' as an indulgent and very affectionate thatha. He is all that and more as a father. When all the other dads were a mere presence in their children's lives, my dad actually took time out everyday to teach us, talk to us and listen to us.And it was not a favour he was doing us, he absolutely enjoyed every minute just being with us. It was his abundant patience that has made me a patient mother, it was his trust in me that has seen me married to your dad, it was his pride in me that  has goaded me to move forward and try new things.

They say, that a girl chooses her husband who is just like the man that her father is. Your dad and my dad are very different people but I guess what makes them both very special men in my life is the fact that they are GREAT dads!!

Cherish them !

love,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment