Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beyond boring beauties!


Shriya is perched on my lap and we are reading a story from the brand new Usborne’s Stories for Girls (that I’d absolutely enjoyed purchasing). It has 20 lovely tales, all very appealing to the girlie heart. I was excited just holding that juicy fat pink hard covered book and couldn’t wait to read all 20 at one go.

After a while, I heard a groan. In all my excitement, I kinda missed that groan. And then she did it again. I stopped and asked what the matter was. We were at the very first story: The twelve dancing princesses. Shriya asked me “ Why are all these princesses always dancing or marrying? Won’t they get bored of doing the same thing?"

I challenged her and asked what they should be doing instead. And she goes “ See amma, when I’m a princess, I won’t just dance and marry any prince. I will do all that only in the weekends and during playtime. The rest of the time I want to be a doctor. I’m going to be a Doctor Princess!!!”

Three cheers to my little heroine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment