Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Magical mornings


I've been accompanying Vaibhav to school every morning. The school bus comes at an unearthly hour and we decided it would be easier to simply take the public bus that stopped nearly in front of his school. What we didn't think of was the 'waking up' bit each and every morning.

Vaibhav is at an age when he requires no help getting ready for school and our housekeeper is always willing to drop him off in the mornings. So, I don't really have to be up everyday before daybreak.I could lounge in bed or even enjoy an uninterrupted hour of yoga if I chose to.But I want to be up. I so badly want to make the 20 minute bus ride with him.

As we are both still sleepy eyed, we don't say much. Once in the bus, comfortably seated, Vaibhav will lay his head on my lap while I run my fingers through his hair.For all his 'big boy' talk, he is nothing but a mere vulnerable baby then. He will suddenly spring up and educate me on the latest cricket scores of some vague game happening in some remote English county. Idle chitchat,lots of warm hugs and just some quiet time together before we get on with our respective days.

But yesterday, just as we got off the bus and started the short walk across the patch of grass field to his school, over 20 yellow butterflies took flight and flitted around us. It was like a carefully choreographed dance that was being orchestrated just for our benefit. We both stood transfixed, enjoying the special show together.

It was magical. But then, I realized that every morning is with my little boy. He'll soon want to make the trip on his own or with his friends. He'll probably be conscious about any physical contact with his mother in public. And I'm sure he'll figure out that all those cricket statistics don't make much sense to me.

So, if it means I have to be up every single day of the school year at dawn to be able to relish these magical mornings, then I'm so happy do it. In any case, can't think of a better way to begin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment