Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dreaming...Twirling!

Shriya has finally started ballet lessons. She has been waiting, pleading to start classes. It was I who delayed things. As a bharatnatyam dancer myself, I knew the right age to start Indian classical was around 7-8. But ballet apparently can be started around 4. Much to her delight, I finally relented and let her start lessons.

So, every Thursday, she dons her tutu and ballet shoes and dances all the way to class.  Its cute…oh so cute! And deep inside I attributed all this interest in ballet simply to the chiffony tutu. I assumed she felt like a princess ballerina (after her favourite tv character, Angelina Ballerina) and did not want to break that pretty little bubble. But the other day, the instructor told me that Shriya is extremely determined and being the youngest in her class,  tries doubly hard.

I can see that Shriya is genuinely keen to learn and her seriousness touches me. Twirl on, little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment