Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life cycle of a 'good deed'!

We were at a restaurant when Vaibhav's order arrived first. He was starving and dug in without offering any to his sister who was watching him intently. I asked him if he'd like to offer her some and he nodded a 'No', busily munching through his food.

And then Shriya's food came to the table. Her cheese toast was definitely delicious looking- all oozing cheese and buttery toast.I thought it was only me eyeing the dish when I saw Mr. V looking at it longingly too. Hmm...a teachable moment, I thought and elaborated on how if he had shared earlier,then his sister too would have followed his good example.He apologized to his sister and asked her if he could ' pleeease' take a bite.

The sister looked at me and grunted. I told her that she could be the ' better person' by sharing some with him.

My little girl wanted to know what she'd gain by being the 'better person'.I told her that God was watching her kind act and would take notice of it.

'OOooooh, now I understand', she said. 'Krishna gives me a gold star for my kind behaviour, then sends an SMS to Santa Claus and asks him to give me an extra gift and Santa then calls the Tooth Fairy and asks her to make my tooth loose so that I can get my dollar soon, Right??

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment