Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Vienna



Vienna, to the kids was all about gelato, coffee(sips they begged from their Dad) and pastries. Everybody around us was walking by with a cone, sitting under the sun savouring cakes or catching up with friends stirring their cappucino! Vienna sure is a city to be relished at leisure and we spent most of our time doing exactly that.




In-between sampling icecreams and gorging on strudels, I dragged the family to the Schonbrunn palace. And what a palace it is! The kids were besides themselves running aside manicured lawns, finding their way through grass mazes and racing up the hill to the gorgeous Gloriette! Personally, it was all a bit too rushed for me. I felt we did not do enough justice to the magnificent palace. Well, we had slotted an 'entire' day to explore the palace grounds but the morning of that 'entire' day was spent at the palace playgrounds. Well, it was an extremely creative play area and we kind of lost track of time discovering the various activities and games . And it was all so endearing hearing the kids remind each other that princes and princesses might have played the very same games, sat on the very same swings and hid in the very same spots!



Well, I guess you cant win them all and as it was a family trip we had to see to the interests of every member! But I've promised myself another trip to Vienna to do just that. I whispered this to the kids and told them that I would love to make a trip to Vienna again...to which my daughter said " I'll bring you along when I come here with my husband and kids". As kind as the thought is, I was sure hoping it would be sooner than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment