Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Let it go lah

Its been one of our best years!All that 'mindful living and relishing the present moment' are my only excuses for not keeping up with jotting down milestones and moments in the
in the kids' lives.


- We've moved back to Singapore from Helsinki

Its been 3 months and what a 3 months it has been! The kids last went to the International School of Helsinki on a Friday when they were fondly bid farewell by the entire school with their experiences summarized into little video snippets projected onto the assembly screen. The following Monday they had started school in the local Singapore system. Touch and go!

New home,new neighbourhood, new class and a higher one at that, new school (atleast for the younger one) new and of course old friends, new school system complete with exams (which was a word they had never heard before). Phew!Add to that work trips back to Europe for the Dad and I when my mom flew in and expertly managed the fort. Its been a very full 3 months, to say the least.

The Dad and I continue to miss Helsinki and a part of me is still there, sometimes physically too! We would frequently check with the kids if they were happy here and if they liked Helsinki more than Singapore. And each time we would get a muffled reply which only convinced me that they were terribly missing their old friends, routine and schools.Then one day, Vaibhav startled me with 'Of course I like Singapore better ,ma. We are here now,right? And this is where I belong now. If tomorrow we move to another country then I will like that country better than Singapore'.

Wise words and a good knock on the head, both much needed for this pining mom. Change is never easy. Holding on to Finland while resisting Singapore was not going to help. Of course Finland was magical for us in every way and we will always carry a bit of Finnishness in us. But I guess all that can only help us recreate a different kind of magic here. Thank you Vaibhav and Shriya- by adapting to and embracing your new lives so wholeheartedly not to forget singing the Frozen song by the hour, everyday, you sure have taught me to 'Let it go lah'.





















No comments:

Post a Comment