Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

If God made us, then who made God?


And that's just a sample of some of the challenging questions I face everyday! I try to churn out a rational, easily comprehend-able answer to every question my 5 and 3 yrs old raise. For this one, I had to reach out to my grandma who is presently visiting India. And her wise answer was 'God is not a person. God is love'. Yes paati, but try saying that to kids who have a 'Krishna' poster in their room wedged inbetween their Ben 10s and Princesses.Krishna, to them, is a superhero!

I explained it as best as I could. I told them that Krishna was given 'god status' because he had a lot of love in his heart. Anybody behaving lovingly, kindly and with nice manners has God in their heart. V(my five yr old) asked "So, if I share my toys, then I have Krishna in my heart?" Ï replied in the affirmative. He continued, "What if I utter a blooper or bop my sister on her head". Pat came the reply from his 3 year old sister "Then you have Kamsa visiting your heart"!

No comments:

Post a Comment