Autumns here!!

Autumns here!!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Nighty Night Sweethearts!

Tired after school, exhausted after play, my little ones rush for their warm bath before dinner and bed. I love giving them a wash especially after evening play. The cleansing ritual is very satisfying- scrubbing all the day's grime off, soaping till their skin is squeaky clean once again and finally rubbing their little bodies dry while inhaling the sweet fragrance of their skin mingled with baby soap...AaahI just love it!

And after that bath, I just have to comb their still damp hair. Vaibhav hates it and once even told me "I like my hair to look messed, ma and I'm going to bed, why does my hair have to be neat"!! My little son does not quite know that it has to be neat for me. Neatly combed hair + fresh from a bath makes every child (even the absolutely naughty ones) look endearing and utterly delicious!!

I kiss them, kiss them again, sometimes even nibble on them. Drowsy eyes stare back at me . My mind is usually swimming with thoughts from the day as I look into those innocent pools- Was it a fun day? Did we enjoy moments together or did we just rush through our routines? Was I hard on him/her? Could I have said it another way? Oh, they are still so innocent and so small!! I love them so much, I think I could burst!

No comments:

Post a Comment